The rock, the sea and the hills of Pag!
The first cyclotourism marathon on the island of Pag - Camping Village Šimuni.
Organizer: Kamp Šimuni d.o.o. & VG Tur Team
Date: 18 May 2019
Duration: 10:00 – 16:00 h
Location of all events:
(registration for the race, start line, finish line, prize draw, food, accommodation, entertainment):
Camping Village Šimuni
Šimuni 106, 23251 Kolan
The island of Pag
How to reach us: https://www.camping-simuni.hr/en/how-to-reach-us/
- Šimuni campsite (start line) – Košljun (rest stop)
- Košljun – The town of Pag (rest stop)
- The town of Pag – Povljana (rest stop)
- Povljana (participants board a boat that takes them to Mandre) – Mandre
- Mandre – Kolan (rest stop)
- Kolan – Šimuni campsite (finish line)
Distance: 44 km
Terrain: asphalt, gravel
Movement speed: cycling in a queue at an average speed of 16 km/h
Participation includes the following items:
- Technical organization of the marathon
- Security (safety vehicle, ambulance, fire truck, police escort, port authority, traffic wardens on bikes)
- Race pack (marathon T-shirt, race number, gift package, etc.)
- Organization of rest stops, and food and drinks (snacks) at the rest stops
- Gala dinner at the finish line
- Photo and video material shot during the marathon
- Participation in a prize draw*
- Recreation program with trained staff
- Entertainment program
Upon registration, each participant will be given a race number (race number must be attached to the bike). The race number is also a requirement for participation in a prize competition which will take place at the end of the Rock & Bike Tour. When registering, the participants will be introduced to a rich pool of prizes to be drawn after the marathon.
Rules for participants:
- By registering for the Rock & Bike tour cyclotourism marathon (hereinafter ‘marathon’), the participant acknowledges and agrees to the following conditions of the marathon.
- This is a recreational marathon race and there are no competitive elements
- By registering for the marathon, all participants agree to participate at their own risk.
- By registering for the marathon, participants give their consent for the processing of personal data (including video and photo material from the marathon as well as the day before and after the marathon) in order to be notified via e-mail/phone about news and other information regarding the Rock & Bike Tour.
- Participants age 16 and under are required to wear a helmet, and we encourage everyone to wear one.
- Participants age 14 and under may participate only if accompanied by a person age 16 and over.
- All participants must ensure that their bicycles are technically correct.
- Participants must be at the start line at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the marathon.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the start of the marathon and will promptly notify the participants of the change.
- Start line will be announced with the trumpet sound.
- Participants must follow traffic wardens and ride behind them all the way. Overtaking traffic wardens on bikes is forbidden.
- Participants must adhere to the rules of driving in a queue, and be careful not to put other cyclists in danger.
- It is forbidden to use alternative routes and shortcuts.
- Participants must have their race numbers during the whole marathon.
- Participants must comply with all instructions from official persons during the registration, at the start line, rest stops and the finish line.
- Fire, police and ambulance crew will be on standby during the marathon in case of emergency.
- In case of minor problems, there is a bicycle repair vehicle at your disposal. Bike problems will be analysed and repaired, if possible, at the arranged rest stops.
Rock & Bike Tour Program
Friday, 17 May 2019 / Cafe bar Suncokret (in the central area of the campsite)
- Arrival of participants
- Entertainment program for children and adults
- 15:00 – 22:00 Registration of the participants (accommodation, distribution of race packs) at the “Šimuni race tent”
- Evening entertainment program
- 20:00 Live music
Saturday, 18 May 2019
- 07:30 – 09:00 Registration of the participants (accommodation, distribution of race packs) at the “Šimuni race tent“, at the entrance to the campsite, next to the reception area
- 09:45 Gathering of all participants at the start line / finish line of the marathon, last check, preparation for start
- 10:00 Start of the Rock & Bike Tour cyclotourism marathon
- 16:00 Finish of the Rock & Bike Tour cyclotourism marathon (at the Šimuni campsite)
- 18:00 Gala dinner at the restaurant Mali Raj at the Šimuni campsite
- 19:30 Prize draw “Rocks on fire“
- 21:00 Concert
Sunday, 19 May 2019
- Check out for the participants
- 12:00 Cafe bar Suncokret, free Šimuni risotto for all participants
- Late check-out for all participants of the Rock&Bike Tour (15:30)
- HRK 150.00 per person
- Children under 12 GRATIS
- Persons over 65 -50 %
Entry fee includes:
- Registration fee
- Race number
- Number for the prize draw
- Promotional material
- T-shirt of the Rock&Bike Tour cyclotourism marathon
- Bottle with marathon logo
- Sponsorship materials
- Refreshment at rest stops – food and drink and various local delicacies
- Entrance to the Salt Museum
- Transport of cyclists and bicycles by boat (organized boarding of bicycles)
- Dairy tour
- Access to the campsite and all its public facilities on the day of the event
- Free parking
- Voucher for a gala dinner on Saturday 18 May 2019 at the restaurant Mali Raj at the Šimuni campsite
(over 40 different specialities from the buffet-style spread / all you can eat).
Every registered participant who paid the registration fee enters the prize draw which will take place in the evening of 18 May 2019 (Saturday).
Registration start: Monday, 8 April 2019 from 12:00 h
(entries submitted before this date will not be accepted)
Registration end: Wednesday 15 May 2019 until 12:00 h
- The registration is considered confirmed once the registration fee is paid. Please send the payment receipt to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The organizer may consider entries received after that date with a late charge of HRK 20.00.
- Entries must be personally confirmed at the “Šimuni race tent” which will be located in front of the restaurant Mali Raj on Friday, 17 May 2019 from 15:00 to 21:00 and on Saturday, 18 May 2019 from 07:30 to 09:00 in the reception area at the main entrance to the Šimuni campsite.
Registration fee payment details:
Kamp Šimuni d.o.o., Lašćinska cesta 92, tax number (OIB):27537667581
Erste & Steiermarkische bank d.d., bank account number 2402006-1100434284, IBAN: HR5924020061100434284
Purpose of payment: “ROCK&BIKE TOUR 2019”
Make sure to provide the full name of the participant.
If you cover the fee for more participants, please make sure that you write their first and last name on the payment.
Entry fee refund
After 15 May 2019 entry fees will not be refunded, but the participants who decide not to participate in the marathon can collect their marathon packs during the registration day before or on the day of the marathon (or someone else can do that on their behalf), or they can transfer their entry fee to another person.
Cancellation of the marathon
In case of cancellation of the marathon, due to bad weather or other unforeseen events, the deposit will not be refunded but participants can collect their race packs.
All participants accommodated at the Šimuni campsite can park the bicycles at their accommodation unit.
Dedicated cycle parking is provided at the following locations within the campsite:
- Cafe bar Suncokret
- Entrance to the campsite
Parking lot will be properly secured and marked.
Accommodation for all participants is provided in one of the most beautiful campsites in Croatia – Camping Village Šimuni.
We offer accommodation in mobile homes and/or on camping pitches if you are planning to stay in a camper and/or tent.
How to book accommodation?
For information and reservations regarding accommodation please contact us at:
1. Accommodation in mobile homes
The prices of accommodation in mobile homes:
- For two persons – HRK 140,00 / night
- For four persons – HRK 240,00 / night
- For six persons – HRK 360,00 / night
If you are coming alone and do not want to book the entire mobile home just for yourself, the price per night is:
- HRK 60,00 per person / night
- In this case, the organizer will create a rooming list to fill the remaining free beds in the accommodation unit
A tourist tax and a one-off registration fee are not included in the price.
2. Accommodation on the camping pitch
The price of accommodation on the camping pitch is HRK 50.00 per person / night.
A tourist tax and a one-off registration fee are not included in the price.
Gala dinner** at the restaurant Mali Raj (Saturday 18 May 2019, 19:00) is included in the participants’ registration fee.
For all other guests who did not participate in the Rock & Bike Tour, the price of dinner per person is as follows:
- Adults – HRK 100.00
- Children under 12 – 50%
- Children under 3 – GRATIS
Payable at dinner.
**Gala dinner is served at the restaurant Mali Raj, in the central area of the campsite. This self-service dinner features 45 different specialities (Dalmatian, Mexican, Italian, Indian and other international cuisines). It is an all-you-can-eat buffet, so quantities are unlimited. Drinks are not included in the price of the dinner.
Camping Village Šimuni has a rich culinary offer and is considered a true gourmet mecca.
The offer includes:
- Pizzeria Kaštel – pizza, salads
- Beach bar One – fast food, speciality: gyros
- Tavern Pescaria – fish restaurant
- Beach bar Laško – Mexican cuisine and fast food
- Shooby bar – grill + meat specialities
Questions related to accommodation, registration, food offer, entertainment program and all other details of the marathon:
Questions related to cyclotourism marathon: